The Alfaisal University Hassan Abbas Sharbatly e-Library is accessed using highly developed computer labs furnished with the latest technological materials. The growth of electronic resources in the library will continue to support the library with up-to-date references from the most professional societies & publishers.
The myriad of resources available in the Hassan Abbas Sharbatly e-Library have been made possible by the generous support of the Sharbatly family and The Hassan Abbas Sharbatly Foundation. Their generous contributions are very much appreciated and will assist Alfaisal University in taking its place as one of the pre-eminent institutions of its kind in the country, the region, and internationally. To search the library’s resources, please click here
- Google Scholar – a web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines. The Google Scholar index includes most peer-reviewed journal and online journals of Europe and America’s largest scholarly publishers.
- PubMed – An electronic database that comprises more than 20 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books
- EBSCO – with more than 8,000 journals indexed, Ebsco is a multidisciplinary database covering the social sciences, business and engineering disciplines. Includes both Academic Search Premier and Business Source Premier.
- ScienceDirect – over 2,500 peer-review journals and 6,000 e-books published by Elsevier are indexed. This is a scientific database covering the physical, life and health sciences, as well as the social sciences and humanities. Full-text articles are available from 2007.
- Proquest/ABI – indexes over 3,500 publications, with about 2,500 available in full text. This is a comprehensive business database, offering the latest in business and financial information.
- SpringerLink – access to over 1,200 peer-review full text journals mostly in the medical and engineering disciplines. Most journals are provide PDF of articles from 1996 to present.
- OVID – offers a range of different health related databases which contain journal article references. Journal articles are a good source of up-to-date health information and health related research.
- IOP – journal articles from the Institute of Physics.
* for access from home, please contact library staff
- Encyclopedia Britannica Academic Edition – A general English language encyclopedia, widely regarded as the most scholarly of all encyclopedias.
- Rosetta Stone Language-Learning – Language learning software. Please ask for account to be set up by the library staff.
- GraphPad Prism — Commercial scientific 2D graphing and statistics software. Available for Alfaisal faculty and students. Click on link to register.
- Muslim Philosophy – History of Muslim philosophy
- UpTodate — the largest clinical community in the world dedicated to synthesizing knowledge for clinicians and patients. With more than 430 journals reviewed, UpToDate provides the medical community with up-to-date information about the significant clinical changes in the health care fields
- Pub Med Tutorial – A tutorial explaining the best methods to search and get excellent results from Pubmed.
- Free Books for Doctors – Electronic Medical Books
- OnLine Books Page from University of Pennsylvannia – A website that facilitates access to books that are freely readable over the Internet.
- Knovel — There is no database trials at this time.
Dr. Mustafa Abdelwahid
Directory of Library Systems
Tel.: +966 1 2157942
Abdulla Al Helan
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org