1.1 Relocation Allowance
When an employee is recruited from outside of the Saudi Arabia there are miscellaneous expenses such as school fees, auto purchase, and the purchase of personal household items that may require temporary cash. To enable the employee to defer these initial settling- in expenses, an advance of one month base salary may be requested.
The employee will have up to two months from their original date of hire to request the relocation advance. No advance for this purpose will be granted after the two months period.
This advance payment is available for newly hired employees relocating from outside the Saudi Arabia and who enter the country under the University’s sponsorship. It does not apply to employees hired within the Saudi Arabia.
1.2 Housing Allowance
- The University pays housing allowance to assist its employees in bearing the costs of accommodation.
- Employees will be paid a monthly housing allowance, which is equivalent to 3 months basic salary per annum or 25% of the employee’s annual base salary.
1.3 Transportation Allowance
- The University provides transportation allowance to its employees to cover expenses incurred in commuting to and from his/her place of work.
- The transportation allowance represents 10% of the monthly base salary of an employee.
1.4 Utilities Allowance
Alfaisal University does cover the cost of the house utilities and the maintenance when it is Alfaisal provided housing. The employee is responsible for charges for personal non business related arrangements in his/ her house
1.5 Child Education Allowance
As per Alfaisal University policy, the University provides educational financial assistance for its eligible employees’ dependents up to 3 children per year, provided that they are residing with the employee in the Kingdom. The school education assistance will allow them to continue their education in a manner comparable to their home country.
The University provides also post secondary education assistance to its employees to cover 3 children at the University’s various colleges provided that they are residing with the employee in the Kingdom.
1.6 Business & Training Travel Allowance
As per Alfaisal University policy, the University provides travel tickets and allowance to its employees who are traveling on business and training and fully compensates them for reasonable and legitimate expenses incurred whilst traveling and staying away on University’s business and training.
2.1 Health Insurance
The employee will be provided a comprehensive group healthcare plan as well as for spouse and dependents less than 18 years of age. The University will not be liable to Employee, spouse or dependents for any injuries, dismemberment or other losses incurred beyond the covered amounts under such group life insurance policy. Occupational diseases or work-related injuries are not covered in the University’s health care insurance policy but these are covered under GOSI.
2.2 Life Insurance
- The University provides life insurance according to its internal policy.
2.3 Social Insurance
- The Saudi Arabian General Organization (GOSI) for Social Insurance Law provides annuity, death and disability benefits to eligible participants.
- All employees are required to participate in the scheme.
- Employee’s enrolment in the General Organization for Social Insurance and pension funds will be governed by GOSI and Saudi Arabian Labor Law requirements.
- University and employees’ contributions and computation for Social Insurance should be in accordance with concerned rules and requirements of GOSI, which is:
- Saudis: University contributes 11% of the employee’s monthly salary (Basic & Housing Allowance) for its Saudi employees, 2% of which covers work related injuries and the remaining 9% is utilized for retirement benefits. Where as the employee contributes 9% of his/her monthly salary (Basic & Housing Allowance) for retirement benefits.
- Non-Saudis: University contributes 2% the employee’s monthly salary (Basic & Housing Allowance) on behalf if its non-Saudi employees to cover for work related injuries.
- The maximum monthly wage subject to GOSI contribution is SR 45,000.
- All work related diseases or injuries should be immediately reported to the Human Resources Employee Relations Officer in order to report such incidents to GOSI Office within the allowed time frame.
2.4 Pension Allowance
The University established a pension allowance for its eligible employees. Under this allowance, the eligible employee contributes a certain percentage of his monthly basic salary and the University contributes a higher percentage of the same amount.