ITS is committed to align its services with the Alfaisal objectives to provide excellent IT services. The investments made in People, Processes, and Technologies to develop the IT infrastructure coupled with effective IT leaderships will enable the university to achieve its goals and objectives for quality teaching and research.
The ITS strategy is to early adopt new technologies to cater for all IT needs of our faculties, researchers, and students. For this, ITS vision is to become an EFFECTIVE IT service provider and a LEADER in IT management for higher education.
What we do?
ITS is the central facility at Alfaisal University responsible for providing IT services to support all faculties and business areas. The offered services are grouped into five categories
- IT Management and Compliance: manages the IT business and ensure proper compliance of IT standards. The IT Standards applied will be based on established frameworks, such as: ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library), COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Institute) and PMI ( Project Management Institute).
- Information Systems Management: plan, develop and deploy business application solutions. The department will be an active member of the IT Projects Committee for subject related matters.
- IT Infrastructure: install, configure and maintain infrastructure hardware and software. The department will be an active member of the IT Projects Committee for subject related matter.
- User Support Services: manage and operate the ‘IT Service Desk’ to provide first line support for application and desktop users.
- Web services: plan, develop, and deploy all web related services including on-going support of business development and university portal management.
Each of these categories has its own mission, structure, and approach to provide different services in accordance with an overall IT Governance framework, with focus on alignment with Alfaisal’s business objectives.
More Information and Contact
Please explore the links on this page for more information, and if you have any questions please send us an E-Mail to email@example.com .
Thank you for visiting the IT Services at Alfaisal University.