A dynamic set of research priorities was developed based on KACST’s National Policy for Science and Technology, KSA’s 8th National Development Plan, and Vision 2020. In addition, input was also received from members of the University’s Advisory Research Committee as well as College Dean’s and Faculty members who are experts in their fields.
The main rationale of Research Priority Areas is to provide assistance to Faculty, Deans, Department Heads and Administrators in development of research proposals that are relevant to the strategic goals of the country as well as Alfaisal University.
The University provides support for research in areas of science, engineering, medicine, and business with the aim of promoting productive investigation and creative scholarship. This support includes release time from teaching, additional salary if research is carried out in summer holidays, per diem support to attend internationally recognized conferences to present papers, purchase of equipment and all expendable items, and reimbursement of costs related to telephone/fax charges.
The following are the priority areas of research for Alfaisal University:
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Oil & Petrochemicals
- Information Technology
- Mining & Metals
- Environment & Natural Resources
- HEALTH, BIOMEDICINE & PHARMACEUTICALS
- Biotechnology & Biomaterials
- Comparative Effectiveness
- Translational Research
- Diversification of Economic Base
- Domestic & Foreign Investment
- Economic, Social, Environmental & Cultural Impact of Globalization
- Balanced Regional Development
- E-Business & E-Government