This document sets out a strategic plan for the Office of Research & Graduate Studies (ORG) . It outlines a vision and a mission, external threats and opportunities, as well as internal strengths and weaknesses. The immediate and most important objectives are as follows:
• Put in place the details of research and graduate studies-related policies and procedures for Alfaisal University to ensure innovation, a facilitating environment, and ethical research conduct. The issues include integrity and ethics as well as lists of potential sources for funding and/or collaborations for our faculty and students.
• Fund and build the infrastructure for research, including centers, facilities, laboratories and equipment, to ensure a strong start for the University.
• Make research an integral part of the University educational experience for all students and faculty.
• Promote research excellence in cutting-edge science and technology that result in successful applications and commercialization.
• Disseminate knowledge of research results through high impact scientific journals
• Create strong research at the University by securing collaborative research and development agreements with other universities and R&D organizations within and outside the Kingdom.
• Protect intellectual property generated by research projects though patent applications.